Asian Persuasion Chicken & Veggies
2 Chicken thighs or breasts, boneless skinless
½ red bell pepper, julienne
½ yellow bell pepper, julienne
½ onion, julienne
2-3 stalks of green onion, cut into thirds or sliced
1 clove of garlic, minced
3-4 mushrooms, sliced
½ head of broccoli, cooked and broken into pieces.
½ cup of Skinny Latina Asian Persuasion
1 tbsp of honey (you can substitute for brown sugar, maple syrup, agave or your favorite sweetener)
Salt and pepper
¼ cup of water
1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
Olive oil or your choice of oil for cooking
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Sear the chicken in a medium high heat pan with olive oil, cook well on both sides and set on a plate to rest.
- Using the same pan, lower the heat to medium and add the veggies (except the cooked broccoli), season with salt and pepper. Add more oil to the pan if needed. Sweat vegetables until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add the Skinny Latina Asian Persuasion sauce, water, red pepper flakes, and honey. Let reduce for a few minutes (about 2-3 minutes), you want to mix all the flavors together but you don't want to dry the sauce.
- You can cut the chicken into strips or leave as is, return the chicken to the pan and make sure to add the chicken juice that came out while resting.
- Add the cooked broccoli, mix well and taste. Season accordingly.
- Serve on a bed of rice or noodles and garnish with sesame seeds.
ENJOY! Buen Apetito!