Skinny Latina Caliente Chimichurri Chicken Skewers
Chicken and Marinade:
- 2-3 Chicken Breast (I used the tenderloin, but you can use the entire breast)
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup of Skinny Latina Caliente or Regular Chimichurri
- Salt and pepper to taste
Veggies and Marinade:
- 1 Bell Pepper (Red, Green and/or Yellow) - Sliced into 1 inch squares
- 1 Red Onion, sliced into 1 inch squares
- 2-3 tbsp of Skinny Latina Caliente or Regular Chimichurri
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Note: you can use other veggies as well, like: zucchini, mushrooms, eggplant, etc.
- Avocado or Grapeseed oil for cooking
- Bamboo skewers (soaked in water for 30 mins)
- Lemon cut in half
- Parsley, chopped for garnish
- Extra Skinny Latina Chimichurri for serving.
- In a bowl, combine all of the Chicken ingredients and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 mins and up to overnight.
- In a separate bowl, combine the veggies with the Chimichurri and season with salt and pepper. You can do this a few minutes before cooking.
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes. This is to prevent them from burning while grilling.
- Once you are ready to assemble the skewers, remove excess yogurt marinade from the chicken (you can pat dry with paper towels) and cut the chicken into 1 inch cubes. Try to cut the chicken and veggies in the same size so it all cooks evenly.
- Using the bamboo skewers, start threading the chicken and veggies one by one creating layers of different flavors. Start with a piece of bell pepper followed by onion, then a piece of chicken and repeat over and over as desired.
- In a high-medium heat griddle or grill, cook the skewers using avocado or grapeseed oil. Make sure to cook through and flip the skewers as they cook.
- Optional: you can cook half a lemon (rubbed with oil) for a few minutes, once you have good grill marks you can squeeze it on the chicken skewers and/or serve it on the side.
- Plate the skewers and sprinkle chopped parsley. Serve with a side of Skinny Latina Caliente or Regular Chimichurri. ENJOY!