Skinny Latina Asian Persuasion Tofu
14 oz firm or extra firm tofu
2-3 tbsp cornstarch
2-3 tbsp sesame oil (for cooking)
INGREDIENTS FOR SAUCE:
1/2 bottle of Skinny Latina Asian Persuasion
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1-2 tbsp raw honey
½ – 1 red chili pepper (optional)
1 tbsp sliced scallions for cooking and a little more for garnish
Salt and black pepper
1-2 tbsp sesame seeds (for garnish)
1) Place two paper towels on a plate then place the entire block of tofu (drained) onto the plate. Place two more paper towels on top of the tofu block and put a heavy item on top. Not TOO heavy that it would completely crush the tofu but heavy enough that it can squeeze out liquid. Cast iron skillet is a good option. Leave for 30 minutes and halfway through, change out the paper towels.
2) Slice the tofu into 1-inch cubes and place into a large bowl. Sprinkle cornstarch on top and gently coat all pieces.
3) In a large skillet over medium heat, add sesame oil and cook the tofu. Let brown on all sides.
4) In the meantime, combine all the ingredients for the sauce (except the ones for garnish).
5) Bring the heat down to low-medium and add the sauce to the skillet, let it reduce for a minute or two. Make sure all the tofu is covered in the sticky sauce and remove from heat.
6) Serve on a bed of warm rice and garnish with scallions and sesame seeds. Buen Provecho!