Guava & Fig BBQ Salmon
One salmon filet
3 Tbsp Skinny Latina Marinade
2 Tbsp Skinny Latina Guava Fig BBQ Sauce
1 Tbsp salted butter
Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the salmon on both sides lightly with salt and pepper.
- Combine Skinny Latina Marinade and Skinny Latina Guava Fig BBQ Sauce and pour over your fish. Allow it to marinate for at least 20 min. Do not discard marinade because it will become a delicious sauce for your salmon!
- In a very hot pan, melt the butter until almost smoking but not brown. Reduce heat to medium high.
- Sear the salmon on one side for 4 minutes. Flip the salmon and cook for an additional two minutes. Remove the salmon from your pan. Add the reserved Skinny Latina marinating liquid to your pan and reduce heat to low. Cook the sauce for an additional two minutes or until thickened. Pour the thickened sauce over the fish and sprinkle with chopped scallions to garnish (optional).
- This can also be made in the oven by pouring the marinating liquid over the fish and broiling for 3 min a side. Watch closely as it can burn easily.
- This recipe also works great on the grill. After marinating, grill the salmon for 3 minutes per side while basting with the Skinny Latina Guava Fig BBQ Sauce.