Grilled Chicken with a Fresh Tomato Avocado Salad and Tangy Cilantro Sauce
4 boneless chicken breasts with skin (optional)
1 cup plus 1 Tbsp Skinny Latina Marinade
¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1 large heirloom tomato sliced
1 to 2 hass avocados sliced
1 lime juiced
½ cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic finely minced
- Place chicken breasts in large ziplock bag with 1 cup of Skinny Latina Marinade. Place in refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- Slice avocados and brush with lime juice to prevent browning.
- Sprinkle both the tomato and avocado with salt and pepper
- Combine cilantro, garlic, ¼ cup of olive oil, and 1 T of Skinny Latina marinade in a small bowl. Stir well to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet, grill pan, or cast iron pan heat 1 T each of olive oil and butter over medium high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade liquid and place skin side down in the skillet. Do not turn for at least 5 minutes (depending on thickness). You should hear a loud searing sound upon placing the chicken in the pan. After about 7 to 8 minutes check to see if the skin has attained a medium to deep golden color, if not allow it to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the chicken over and continue cooking for another 6 to 7 minutes. Remove from plan and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before slicing diagonally across the grain. Drizzle with cilantro sauce and Serve with tomato avocado salad. Buen Provecho!