Skinny Latina Chicken Lemonis
4 boneless (skin on or skinless) chicken breasts
1/4 cup Skinny Latina Marinade
2 Tbsp butter or olive oil
1/2 a lemon zested and sliced
1 Tbsp grainy or Dijon mustard
1/4 cup heavy cream
Salt and Pepper to taste
(optional) flat leaf parsley and capers
- In a skillet over medium high, heat butter until melted and lightly brown but not smoking.
- Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper.
- Sear chicken breasts 3 to 4 minutes per side depending on thickness (I pound mine to make them thinner- for tenderness and faster cooking).
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add the Skinny Latina Marinade to skillet and reduce heat to medium.
- Stir until Skinny Latina Marinade is reduced and thickened slightly, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add mustard and cream and stir well.
- Add the remaining ingredients including the chicken and stir to coat well.
- If you’re not on a carbohydrate restricted diet, this is amazing over jasmine or basmati rice, orzo, or egg noodles.
- If you are cutting carbs try it over sautéed spinach or spaghetti squash. It’s magic!