Skinny Latina Ropa Vieja
- 1 Chuck or Flank Steak
- 1 bottle of Skinny Latina Mother of All Marinades
- 2 cups onions
- 2 cups red bell pepper
- 2 cups green bell pepper
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 Large can of peeled whole tomatoes
- 2 cups of beef stock
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp of ground black pepper
- In the slow cooker, add all of the ingredients but not the meat. Mix well.
- Submerge the meat in the sauce, make sure it is nicely covered with the sauce and veggies.
- Put the lid on and cook in high heat for 6-8 hours. After 6 hours, you can test with a fork, poke the meat and see if it is tender. If not, cook for a couple more hours.
- Once the meat is tender, remove and put in a bowl or deep dish. Using two forks, shred the meat.
- Add the shredded meat back in the sauce and mix well. Season to taste if needed.
- Serve with rice and beans or you can make a sandwich, a taco, the combinations are endless. Enjoy!