The Best Chimichurri Chicken
- 2-3 chicken thighs or breast
- ½ cup of Skinny Latina Chimichurri (Original or Caliente)
- ½ red bell pepper or 1-2 mini sweet peppers (the more colorful the better) diced
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp of olive oil or avocado oil for cooking
- Lime wedges for serving, optional
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix together the Skinny Latina Chimichurri with chopped bell peppers or mini sweet peppers, red onion. Put half of the marinade in a serving bowl for later.
- Salt and pepper the chicken, and add to the bowl with half of the marinade. Coat the chicken well and cover with plastic wrap. Put it in the fridge and you can let it marinate for 30 minutes or all the way to the next day.
- Once you are ready to cook, heat up a cast iron skillet or your grill and cook chicken on both sides in oil until the internal temperature reaches 165F. Set on a plate and let rest for a couple of minutes.
- Serve with the chimichurri you set aside and a few wedges of lime. Buen Provecho!