Skinny Latina Asian Persuasion Shrimp Skewers
- 6 Large Shrimp, no tips, peeled and deveined.
- 2 Bamboo Skewers, soaked in water.
- 3 tbsp of plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp of sesame seeds, black and white.
- 4 tbsp of Skinny Latina Asian Persuasion
- 1-2 tbsp of Olive or Avocado Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Sliced Green onions for garnish
- Soak Bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes. This is to prevent them from burning.
- Once soaked, remove from water and thread 3 Shrimp in each skewer. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- On a plate spread the yogurt on one side and the sesame seeds on another part of the plate, you can also use a tray or cutting board like we did. Dip each shrimp skewer in the yogurt first (on both sides), and then in the sesame seeds. You want to make sure that the shrimp is nicely coated with the yogurt as this will allow for the sesame seeds to nicely attach to the shrimp.
- Using a pan or cast iron skillet, cook the skewers in olive oil or avocado oil at medium heat. Each side of the skewers will take about a minute to cook, add the Asian Persuasion sauce, reduce the heat to low and cook the shrimp on both sides for another minute or so until shrimp is fully cooked. Remove the shrimp from the pan, serve them on a plate and pour the extra sauce on top.
- I served my skewers with a delicious salad made of spinach, shredded carrots, shredded cabbage, cashews, roasted broccoli and my delicious Skinny Latina Cilantro Dressing - Click here to get the recipe.
Enjoy! Buen Apetito!