Skinny Latina Mango Apricot BBQ Wings
3lbs Chicken Wings (separated into drumettes and flats)
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1 ½ tsp Salt
3 tsp Garlic Powder
2 tsp Paprika
½ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
2 Tbsp Melted Butter
1 ½ cups Skinny Latina Mango Apricot BBQ Sauce
1 Tbsp Skinny Latina Hotsauce (Optional)
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil and place an ovenproof wire rack on top.
- Pat dry chicken wings with paper towels, removing as much moisture as possible.
- Transfer the wings to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the baking powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper and mix well to combine.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture generously over the wings, turning them to make sure they are evenly coated.
- Arrange your seasoned wings on the wire rack, leaving about 1-inch of space between each wing.
- Bake for 30 minutes; flip and continue to cook until crisp and golden brown, (about 20-30 minutes longer).
- In a large bowl whisk together Skinny Latina Mango Apricot BBQ Sauce, butter, and Skinny Latina Hot Sauce (for an optional spicy kick).
- Once your wings are finished baking and while they are still warm, toss them in the sauce to evenly coat.
- Serve wings immediately with blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing, celery, carrots, pepper strips and other assorted veggies.